Thursday, March 22, 2012

Relay for Life: Walking for a Cause


Relay for Life was an amazing, life changing experience! Not only did I learn a huge amount about an amazing program, but I also learned so much about my amazing Theta sisters. The event started on a Friday afternoon and lasted exactly 24 hours. Relay for Life included an opening ceremony, luminary ceremony, closing ceremony, as well as inspirational and tearful stories. The moral of the event was to have someone walking on the track for each of the 24 hours to show that cancer never sleeps. I was able to bond and learn so many different things from my sisters. After my personal 10 hours at Relay for Life, 32 laps, 8 miles of walking, tears, and laughter, I now know even more why I am a Theta.
By: Megan Forell 

No comments:

Post a Comment